Now Supports Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016
SAN JOSE, CA – May 3, 2016 – Incisive Software Corporation today announced new capabilities have been added to its spreadsheet management technology that make it easier for organizations to identify fraudulent behavior. The company’s flagship Xcellerator product has been enabled with automated detection capabilities that locate hidden and misrepresented data within spreadsheets. This update also delivers additional performance improvements that significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to scan spreadsheets for risk.
“Whether intentional or accidental, hidden data is one of the biggest dangers when working in Excel. While something may be hidden from view, it cannot be hidden from calculations,” said Diane Robinette, CEO of Incisive. “By expanding the capabilities of Incisive’s spreadsheet management technology, we are making it harder to hide data thus significantly reducing risk and exposure for our customers.”
Xcellerator helps spreadsheet users resolve errors and risks. It combines powerful error detection with investigative capabilities allowing users to comprehensively analyze spreadsheets. New capabilities added to Xcellerator include:
- Discovery of hidden cells by height/width. Whether intentionally hidden to commit fraud or an innocent fat finger error during formatting, it identifies rows and/or columns that are significantly reduced in size.
- Hidden data in merged cells. Monitors merged cell activity to ensure data is not accidentally or intentionally hidden.
- Proactive identification of numeric data. Prevents intentional or accidental misrepresentation of something that appears to be a number when it is actually formatted as text.
- Reduced time to scan and compare. Performance improvements significantly shorten the time it takes to scan and compare spreadsheets for risks.
- Sheet selection. Similar to a print feature, users can now select the Excel sheets they want to scan. Efficiency and risk concerns can be quickly addressed by allowing users to select those sheets that pose the most risk.
- Support for Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016. Ensures technology remains current when organizations are ready to update their systems.
For additional information on Xcellerator as well as Incisive’s complete portfolio of spreadsheet management solutions, please visit www.incisive.com/solutions.
Incisive provides award-winning and innovative spreadsheet risk analysis and management solutions. Our enterprise-class offerings provide visibility and control to all business areas that use or interact with spreadsheets. Incisive products have been recognized for accurately and reliably highlighting risks to give users confidence in their spreadsheet information. For more information about Incisive and the company’s solutions, visit www.incisive.com.